Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Brittany Ozarowski (Suffolk DA Office)A woman has admitted that she pretended to have cancer to collect donations from Long Island businesses that she used to fund her heroin habit last year through her arrest in April.Brittany Ozarowski pleaded guilty Wednesday at Suffolk County court to all charges in a 24-count indictment including forgery, grand larceny, scheme to defraud and offering a false instrument for filing.Prosecutors have said the 21-year-old Miller Place woman convinced business owners to allow her to place jars in their establishments to collect donations for her treatment of various forms of cancer, including bone and brain cancer, stomach cancer, thyroid cancer and ovarian cancer.The scam unraveled when donors began offering to help with doctors’ appointments and inquiring why she hadn’t lost her hair to chemotherapy.Ozarowski, who faced up to seven years in prison, is expected to be sentenced to a drug treatment plan for up to two years, two years probation and will be ordered to pay $10,000 restitution, The Associated Press reported.She is due back in court Monday.
4SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr NAFCU and five other financial trades wrote lawmakers in support of legislation to repeal the Durbin amendment on debit interchange, which was introduced Tuesday by Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit.The legislation, H.R. 5465, signals growing support in the House Financial Services Committee for repealing the Durbin amendment, which is also being targeted for repeal by full committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas.In a joint letter to the House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas, and Neugebauer, the signers emphasized that consumers are not being helped by the amendment and that credit unions and community banks are being hurt.“We support a well-regulated payment system based on laws that provide a framework for constant product improvement, but the Durbin amendment did not serve any traditional regulatory purpose – it simply enshrined into law a ‘permanent’ economic benefit for one well-heeled industry,” the signers wrote. “The bottom line is this amendment introduced price-fixing to a formerly functional and competitive marketplace and failed to keep the dubious promises made to sell it – ultimately hurting customers.” continue reading »
Share on: WhatsApp Neymar also posted on Weibo a picture of himself with fellow Brazilian forward Hulk, who plays in the Chinese Super League for Shanghai SIPG.Even following the training-ground bust-up in the United States, after which Neymar appeared to storm off, his Barcelona team-mates said they wanted him to stay at the Camp Nou.“Neymar and I, we are very close and I want him to stay and I know the situation,” defender Gerard Pique told ESPN FC.“Right now he doesn’t know what to do and we are trying to help him — the ones (on the team) that are more close to him — to take the right decision.”PSG’s pursuit of Neymar has angered some in Spain, where football league chief Javier Tebas says he will file a complaint with UEFA for financial fair play breaches by the French club. Shanghai, China | AFP | Neymar hit the red carpet in Shanghai on Monday as speculation mounted that the Brazil star could be set to quit Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record 222 million euros.The 25-year-old striker is at the centre of an apparent tug of war between the two European giants in what would be the most expensive transfer fee in football history.A training spat with new Barcelona signing Nelson Semedo during a pre-season tour in Miami ramped up chatter that Neymar could be about to swap Spain for the French capital.Neymar, who has remained tight-lipped about the transfer rumours, posted a message for Chinese fans on Weibo, China’s equivalent of Twitter, after arriving for a promotional visit.“Ni Hao China! I’m Neymar Jr. and I’ve just arrived in China,” he wrote.“I’m in Shanghai at the moment. I would like to send a huge hug to all my Chinese fans, thank you very much for your support.”He later posed for a scrum of photographers and television journalists and answered questions about fashion, before attending an evening event for a clothing brand.
Image Courtesy: jlingz.com/GettyAdvertisement 1zwNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs5akWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ef( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) vta5iWould you ever consider trying this?😱k1de3hCan your students do this? 🌚ty5bRoller skating! Powered by Firework Jesse Lingard- once throned to be the future Manchester United star to become the club’s talisman and bring back the glorious days of Old Trafford, hasn’t lived up to his expectations, with subsequent showcase of disappointment with the ball. And to add salt over the would, his clothing brand has taken a hit of more than £200k since its launch.Advertisement Image Courtesy: jlingz.com/Getty‘JLINGZ’ unveiled in the summer of 2018, is Lingard’s own fashion clothing brand, established with the help of his fellow compatriots and club teammates- Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba, Luke Shaw and Raheem Sterling, with the Red Devils midfielder’s iconic celebration hand gesture used as the official logo.After 12 months of hoodies, t-shirts and other accessories production and selling, the unaudited accounts lodged with Company directors, including Lingard himself, have revealed that since launch, the brand has made a total loss of £211,688 until January 31, 2019.Advertisement A United youth academy graduate, Lingard’s performance post the 2018 FIFA World Cup has declined significantly, earning him slack from the supporters and club legends, such as Gary Neville, who openly denounced Lingard’s clothing line on its launch day.Failing to contribute for the team, the 26 year old produced just 4 goals and 2 assists in the last Premier League season, and that too only in the month of December 2018, and the England international has only made 17 appearances for the club since the takeover of Ole Gunnar Solskjær.Advertisement Advertisement