Lincoln College MCR has voted to disaffiliate from OUSU.A motion was presented at the General Meeting on the 23rd of November, and the MCR voted to disaffiliate with immediate effect.Several reasons were given for the disaffiliation, “The financial aspect of OUSU is probably the most worrying, considering the lack of transparency in OSSL and the massive loss presented at the end of last year,” read a letter from the MCR to OUSU.The letter further suggested that the salaries of the Sabbatical officers “should be reconsidered”.The MCR noted “the importance of OUSU’s role in representing the students toward the University and that the current OUSU sabbatical team is taking steps in the right direction.”Lincoln MCR expressed a hope that they would be able to reconsider their position towards OUSU in the future.
PREQUALIFICATION bids were called at the end of August for preliminary engineering work on the long-planned fourth metro line in the Hungarian capital. Budapest Mayor Gabor Demszky later confirmed that the municipality had decided to push ahead with the project, which is now costed at HF95bn.Following earlier attempts to build the line as a privately financed DBOM concession, the Hungarian government has now agreed to fund 60% of the work, using receipts from the privatisation of various state-owned industries. Budapest Municipal Government will raise the remaining 40% through loans from EIB, EBRD and a consortium of 11 commercial banks.Another 10 invitations to tender for work on Line 4 are due to be issued by the end of this year. Management of the project will be the responsibility of DBR Kft, an independent limited company registered by local transport operator BKV on August 4. Now expected to open in 2002-03, Line 4 will link southern Buda to central Pest, tunnelling under the Danube. The 7·3 km first stage will connect Kelenf
India’s senior selection committee chairman MSK Prasad maintained there was no confusion surrounding the way India replaced their injured players at ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 in England.MSK Prasad maintained that none of the selection committee members spoke to the press during a mega event like the World Cup and that led to confusion surrounding the replacements. Prasad also added the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) missed putting a release on the website regarding the replacements.Notably, Shikhar Dhawan was injured right after India’s 2nd World Cup 2019 match against Australia. He wasn’t immediately replaced as the team management wanted to wait for his recovery but the opener was eventually ruled out.In place of Dhawan, India did not opt for a reserve opener but went ahead with wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant.KL Rahul, who batted at No. 4 in the first 2 matches, was promoted to open the batting and Vijay Shankar was slotted in at No. 4.However, Vijay Shankar also suffered an injury midway through the tournament after being hit on the toe by Jasprit Bumrah.Following Shankar’s injury, India played Pant at No. 4 and eventually replaced the Tamil Nadu all-rounder with a reserve opener in Mayank Agarwal.The manner in which India brought in replacements was questioned but MSK Prasad justified the replacements.”With regards to the selection, there is a policy that in between the series or mega events like the World Cup, I don’t take press conferences which has led to a lot of speculation,” MSK Prasad said on Sunday.advertisementHe added: “When Shikhar Dhawan was injured, we already had a reserve opener in KL Rahul. At that juncture, we didn’t have a left-hander at the top. The team management requested for a lefthander. We had no other choice other than Rishabh Pant. We knew his capability. That’s the reason why we had to bring in a left-hander.”Subsequently, when Vijay Shankar was injured, why an opener was brought in… that’s the confusion. IN the game against England, KL Rahul fell on his back and he didn’t take the field. There was so much of worry factor. At that juncture, a mail was written that we need a back-up opener. We looked at some of the openers. Some were not in form and some were injured. That’s when we went to Mayank Agarwal.”The Prasad-led senior selection committee met in Mumbai to pick the squads for India’s tour of the West Indies, starting August 3.Virat Kohli hasn’t been given any rest following the World Cup as the skipper will lead India in all three formats. Rohit Sharma and Wriddhiman Saha are back in the Test squad whereas Jasprit Bumrah, MS Dhoni and Hardik Pandya are unavailable for limited-overs series.Read more | Legendary player like MS Dhoni knows when to retire: MSK PrasadAlso see: