The United States and China are at loggerheads over a long list of issues, from the cause of the novel coronavirus to Hong Kong, and trade.An overview, after Washington ordered the closure of the Chinese consulate in Houston within 72 hours, accusing it of being a center for spies. In May the foreign ministry pointed to American errors in the handling of the pandemic, while Trump fired back it was “incompetence of China and nothing else, that did this mass Worldwide killing.” CoronavirusWashington and Beijing have been engaged in a war of words over who is to blame for the novel coronavirus, since Trump described it as a “Chinese” virus in March.China’s Foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian retorted by suggesting that the US army might have brought the epidemic to Wuhan, the central Chinese city where it first emerged late last year.The two superpowers then cracked down on each other’s news outlets. Topics : Hong Kong Washington reacted to China’s imposition of a sweeping new national security law on Hong Kong by ending preferential trade treatment for the former British colony.It also restricted visas for Chinese officials seen as infringing on the city’s autonomy and stopped the export of sensitive technologies.China pressed ahead with the law in late June. Uighurs The United States earlier in July froze the assets and imposed visa bans on several officials from China’s northwestern region of Xinjiang over rights abuses of its Turkic speaking minority.It accused the group of “horrific and systematic abuses” in Xinjiang including forced labor, mass detention and involuntary population control.It then put 11 Chinese companies suspected of taking part in the persecution on a black list, limiting their access to American technologies and products. Washington says more than one million ethnic Uighurs and other Turkic-speaking minorities have been rounded up into a network of internment camps.China contends that the facilities are vocational education centers. South China Sea On July 2, the US Defense Department criticized Chinese military exercises around the Paracel Islands in the South China Sea, in an area also claimed by Taiwan and Vietnam.Two days later, the Pentagon said two of its own aircraft carriers had carried out drills in the South China Sea to “support a free and open Indo-Pacific”. Huawei The US has accused Chinese telecoms giant Huawei of spying for Beijing and of rights abuses by allowing the Chinese regime to carry out surveillance of dissidents. It is also accused of installing large scale surveillance technologies in Xinjiang and non respect of the embargo on Iran.Trump’s administration has stepped up sanctions against the worldwide leader in 5G and has pressured allies, such as Britain, to shun the group. Nuclear talks In early July Beijing rejected a new US invitation to join arms control talks with Russia.Trump’s administration has demanded that China take part in talks on a successor to the New START treaty, which caps the nuclear warheads of the United States and Russia — the two Cold War-era superpowers. Trade war Weary of its hefty trade deficit with China, Washington declared a trade war in March 2018. It quickly escalated with tit-for-tat punitive duties on hundreds of billions of dollars of bilateral trade.After truces and resumptions of hostilities, the two superpowers in January 2020 signed an initial accord under which China agreed to buy an extra $200 billion of US imports over two years.But earlier this month Trump said he does not plan to proceed to the second phase of the accord, as relations with China have been seriously damaged. Vaccine hacking The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in May warned healthcare and scientific researchers that Chinese-backed hackers were attempting to steal research and intellectual property related to treatments and vaccines for COVID-19.On July 21, two Chinese nationals were indicted in the US for allegedly hacking hundreds of companies worldwide.
Tweet 3 Views no discussions Share Sharing is caring! LocalNews DLP members pleased with Court ruling by: – January 11, 2012 Hon. Ambrose GeorgeMembers of the Dominica Labour Party (DLP) have been congratulating Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit and Education Minister Petter Saint-Jean after their recent Court victory.The High Court of Justice ruled on Tuesday that Prime Minister Skerrit and Education Minister Saint-Jean legally contested the 2009 general elections.Information Minister Ambrose George told a public meeting in lagoon on Tuesday evening that the judgment sends a clear message to “the detractors of the government and Roosevelt Skerrit. This result of the case which was handed down is another mandate that you are giving to Roosevelt Skerrit to continue the governance of this country”.Public Works Minister Rayburn Blackmoore also added his voice in support of Tuesday’s judgment.Mr. Blackmoore said “it is not a victory about Roosevelt Skerrit or Peter St Jean. It is a victory for the people of Dominica and the DLP will continue to be served by the best prime minister in Dominica. We shall continue to represent all Dominicans, most importantly the down trodden”.Senator, Alvin Bernard The Minister of Environment Kenneth Darroux said he is hoping that the results of the matter will finally put to rest, all the allegations targeted at the defendants.“We are very happy that the court decision went in our favour so we can continue to govern the country without any interruption. As we have always said from the beginning, whichever way the decision went we would have abided by the decision. I hope this put to rest everything and that we can continue things as normal,” he said.Meantime Senator Alvin Bernard reminded supports to give God thanks for their victory at the Court on Tuesday. “Not withstanding what the critics might have told you all week long, we have decided that whatever the judge had decided today that we were going to give God thanks. We have to give God thanks for this victory but do not be mistaken ladies and gentlemen this is a journey. To God be the glory ladies and gentlemen,” he told the crowd.Dominica Vibes News Share Share
Submit Share TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Related Articles Erik Skarp – BethardIndustry platform provider SBTech will continue to act as the lead betting services provider for new European multi-market brand Bethard (Bethard.com), after securing a comprehensive contact extension for a further five years.Launched at the start of 2018, Bethard details that SBTech’s complete sportsbook provisions have played an instrumental part in the new betting incumbent achieving its year-1 growth targets and expectations.Updating investors, Erik Skarp, Chief Executive of Bethard Group, backed SBTech as lead supplier: “Our partnership with SBTech has been a significant growth driver for the business across key markets,” he said. “I’m delighted we have agreed on a long-term extension in line with our rapid expansion into a host of new and emerging territories.“The SBTech sportsbook is hugely powerful and provides us with great flexibility, differentiation and speed to market which mirrors our existing and new markets strategy. Our continuing relationship with SBTech means the future is very bright indeed.”Furthermore, SBTech helped Bethard scale a critical World Cup (Russia 2018) period for the new bookmaker.During Russia 2018, Bethard launched its bold “The Zlatan Challenge” –a unique World Cup prediction tournament fronted by Swedish football star Zlatan Ibrahimović with a total prize pool of €200,000.Having established Bethard within the saturated Nordic betting markets. Skarp reveals that year-2 will see the brand broaden its international footprint.Andrew Cochrane – SBTechBacking Bethard’s future ambitions, Andrew Cochrane, CCO of SBTech, said: “The extension of our agreement with Bethard is a testament to the increasing value of our partnership and the high level of trust we’ve built with the team over the past few years.“We work closely with our operators to grow their revenues and have a proven track record of delivering above average market growth. Our goal is to always provide our customers with superior solutions that deliver standout value in the most competitive regulated territories, and I anticipate even greater success for both companies as the latest chapter in the Bethard story unfolds.” Kambi and DraftKings agree on final closure terms July 24, 2020 Share Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Westport WineryWestport Winery TASTING @ Cannon Beach, Oregon, opened on Saturday, June 23. This is Westport Winery Garden Resort’s first satellite location from what the Roberts family fondly calls “The Mother Ship.” This new tasting room is conveniently located next door to Cannon Beach Distillery and Seasons Café in an area called “The Village” in downtown Cannon Beach.In addition to offering their full line of 34 wines, two hard ciders, and a non-alcohol Riesling juice, the new location includes all the elements of the original location’s gift selections from branded apparel to wine accessories to home décor and beach-themed accoutrements. This is perfect for locals and visitors alike since the business offers free gift wrapping in both shops. To complement the wines, the new tasting room also offers guests a nice selection of cheese, chocolate and charcuterie that can be enjoyed inside or at the beach. Westport Winery’s Cannon Beach satellite location opened on June 23.Westport is the first winery to open in Cannon Beach. Winery co-owner, Blain Roberts, said. “We couldn’t be more appreciative of the welcome we received in the community and the professionalism we experienced with the various agency representatives and contractors with whom we worked.” They had anticipated an eight month process and instead moved in to the new space in under two months.His wife, Kim Roberts said, “Our biggest challenge was getting the necessary furnishings shipped and built in the seven weeks it took us to go from signing a lease to pouring wine. As it was, only two bars arrived on time and I had to borrow one of Blain’s surfboards to use as a bar during our opening weekend.” Visitors agreed that the surfboard looked great and would need to stay even after the other three bars are installed. Westport Winery was named 2011 Washington Winery to Watch by Wine Press Northwest. They have been voted Best Winery by King 5 Evening Magazine for six of the past eight years. They were named the Best Washington Family Business Silver Medal winners in 2012, received the Grays Harbor Environmental Stewardship Award in 2015, and were name Best Winery, Best Wine Shop, and Best Boutique Winery for 2016 by South Sound Magazine.Westport Winery TASTING @ Cannon Beach is located at 255 N. Hemlock. This tasting room will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Labor Day and Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the winter.