Boys Championships winners, Calabar High School, took their act to the annual Penn Relays in Philadelphia last weekend. They smashed the record in the 4×100 for high school boys last Saturday in an impressive 39 seconds.The previous record, 39.63, was destroyed by the quartet of Tyreke Wilson, Christopher Taylor, Michael Stephens, and Dejour Russell. Calabar finished ahead of former record holders and arch-rivals, Kingston College, who placed second in 39.74 seconds.In other ‘Penn’ news, Jamaica won the 4×400 meters for men and women.The men were anchored by Fitzroy Dunkley, who erased a 10-meter deficit to give his team victory over the US in 3:03.14 seconds. The Americans finished in 3:03.25.In the women’s equivalent, Stephenie-Ann McPherson, Shericka Jackson, Dawnalee Loney and Janieve Russell won in 3:28.32, well ahead of the US, who clocked 3:29.30.In the US vs the World 4×100 meters for women, the Elaine Thompson-led team won in a season’s best 42.25 seconds. The Jamaican women were second in the sprint medley. The team of Audra Segree, Natasha Morrison, Anastasia Le-Roy and Verone Chambers clocked 1:36.67 behind the USA (1:35.59), with USA Blue third in 1:37. 22 minutes.
The countdown is on to the L.A.W, aka, Life After Work.The experience will kick off this Mother’s Day Weekend at Central Broward Regional Park and continue every weekend after. Admission is free for the LAW experience, which you can soak up with your friends while indulging in good food and drinks.For more information about L.A.W. – Life After Work, contact 305-623-5078 or log on to lawfridays.com. The event is powered by Infinite Power Marketing, South Florida Caribbean News, Caribbean National Weekly and Caribcast.
MIAMI, Florida, CMC – Royal Caribbean Cruises says it has banned a passenger for life after she was seen taking a selfie on the railing of Allure of the Seas as it approached Labadee, Haiti last week.“Earlier this week, on the Allure of the Seas, a guest was observed recklessly and dangerously posing for a photo by standing on her stateroom balcony railing with the help of her companion,” said Royal Caribbean in a statement on Friday.“Security was notified, and the guests were later debarked in Falmouth, Jamaica as a result of their actions, and are now banned for life from sailing with Royal Caribbean.”On its website, Royal Caribbean says that “safety and security safety and security are everyone’s responsibility.“All guests must attend the mandatory muster drill, and follow all other safety instructions issued by the captain,” it says. “Should anyone become aware of someone being injured, or of unsafe or possibly illegal behavior during their cruise vacation, they should immediately report this to the ship’s security staff or other ship management.“This may be done through the ship’s telephone or by seeking the assistance of a crew member. If you do not immediately report an injury or unsafe/illegal behavior this delay may cause the ship’s personnel to be unable to effectively respond to the situation,” the website adds.“A reporting delay may also cause the ship to be unable to properly preserve information or evidence and may cause a delay in notifying the proper law enforcement or other Government officials,” it continues.Peter Blosic, a passenger on the Allure of the Seas, said he saw the unnamed woman taking the selfie while he was on his balcony.“I saw the woman climb on her railing. It happened so quickly. Not knowing what her intentions were, I alerted the crew,” Blosic told CNN.“If I said nothing, and she was going to jump, that would be horrible,” he added.
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte has signed a new two-year contract extension with the Blues.Conte told Chelsea’s official website: ‘I am very happy to have signed a new contract with Chelsea. We worked extremely hard in our first year to achieve something amazing, which I am very proud of. Now we must work even harder to stay at the top.” ‘The Chelsea fans have given me so much support since I arrived here one year ago and it is important we continue to succeed together.”47-year-old Conte turned Chelsea’s fortunes around last season by lifting the Premier League at the first time of asking, as the Stamford Bridge outfit could only finish 10th in the 2015/2016 season. Chelsea Director, Marina Granovskaia, added: “Antonio achieved incredible success last season, adapting to English football very quickly and leading us to the Premier League title.”“This new contract reflects our belief that he can continue to deliver results both domestically and as we return to European competition in the Champions League.”The Italian will now lead Chelsea on their pre-season tour of China and Singapore, where Chelsea will face Arsenal, Inter Milan, and Bayern Munich.Related
Group BNigeria vs Zambia (Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, UyoCameroon vs Algeria (Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaoundé)There are 10 AFCON titles resident in this group, with Cameroon providing half of that count. Astonishingly, qualification most likely would be sealed before the final group game with the indomitable lions far-off the mark. Nigeria will advance to FIFA’s quadrennial event with a home win against Zambia in Uyo, while on paper what seem to be a blockbuster fixture in Yaoundé between Cameroon and Algeria, becomes inconsequentialStandings: Nigeria (10pts), Zambia (7pts), Cameroon (3pts), Algeria (1pt)Group CMali vs Ivory Coast (Stade du 26 Mars, Bamako)Morocco vs Gabon (Stade Mohammed V, Casablanca)All four teams head into match day 5 with the realization of being fully involved in the qualifying race albeit some standing on mathematical grounds. On paper, Ivory Coast should be able to consolidate their position as they travel to Bamako to take on the Eagles of Mali who remain the only team in the group yet to secure a win. In Casablanca, Hervé Renard’s desert foxes look poised for a win, even if Gabon have in their fold, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, one of the most lethal poacher in world football.Standings: Ivory Coast (7pts), Morocco (6pts), Gabon (5pts), Mali (2pts) Group DSouth Africa vs Burkina Faso (FNB Stadium, Johannesburg)Cape Verde vs Senegal (Estádio Nacional de Cabo Verde)This group have seen upsets in results (South Africa 1-2 Cape Verde), as it has an order for a replay. FIFA ordered a replay of the South Africa v Senegal match after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) upheld the lifetime ban of match referee Joseph Lamptey who was in charge of the abolished tie in which originally, South Africa had defeated Senegal 2–1.While South Africa has accepted the ruling, Burkina Faso has launched an appeal in CAS. On the pitch, the FNB Stadium has the most crucial; a defeat for bafana-bafana extinguishes their hopes of securing a world cup birth. Cape Verde can go top with a home win against Senegal’s Taranga Lions.Standings: Burkina Faso (6pts), Cape Verde (6pts), Senegal (5pts), South Africa (4pts) Nigeria, Tunisia, and Egypt are in line to seal three of the five exclusive spot reserved for the Confederation of African Football (CAF), at the 2018 FIFA world cup.Group AGuinea vs Tunisia (Stade du 28 Septembre, Conakry)Libya vs DR Congo (Stade Mustapha Ben Jannet, Monastir)The Carthage Eagles of Tunisia are considered favorite to finish top of an evenly matched group when they take on Guinea in Conakry. A win for Tunisia and a favorable result (draw) in Monastir where Libya host DR Congo will confirm their 5th appearance at the FIFA World Cup.Standings: Tunisia (10pts), DR Congo (7pts), Guinea (3pts), Libya (3pts). Group EUganda vs Ghana (Mandela National Stadium, KampalaEgypt vs Congo (Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria)Regarded as the group of death, no surprise as three of the four teams grouped can still secure the sole ticket to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Egypt sits atop will host Congo in Alexandria with a win piloting what should be a successful qualifying series only if the other fixture between Uganda and Ghana ends in a stalemate.Standings: Egypt (9pts), Uganda (7pts), Ghana (5pts), Congo (1pt) The 2018 FIFA World Cup will take place in Russia, from 14 June – 15 July, with 32 teams.RelatedCAF #WCQ Roundup: Four Teams Eliminated, Others Continue 2018 FIFA World Cup Ticket ChaseSeptember 6, 2017In “Africa”2018 World Cup: Nigeria, DR Congo, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, & Egypt Seek To Consolidate Positions Ahead Of Double HeadersAugust 31, 2017In “Africa”2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Wrap (Africa): Senegal, Tunisia Record Important Wins In Race To Join Nigeria In Russia.October 8, 2017In “FIFA”
Related Articles StumbleUpon Share Submit Champion Trio bolsters BetVictor’s racing stable July 17, 2019 MansionBet recruits impressionist Darren Farley April 24, 2018 Shona ODonnell, iGBiGB Affiliate (iGB) the event organiser of theLondon Affiliate Conference (9-12 February) , has announced that a number of sporting celebrities will be mingling with delegates at this year’s marketing conferenceiGB marketing informs that among the biggest names to attend LAC, are former Ajax, Barcelona and Rangers player Frank de Boer, as well as darts referee Russ Bray, will be at the William Hill stand.De Boer, who won 112 caps for the Netherlands, will meet delegates on 11th February from 10:00, and will be interviewed by James Richardson at 11:00.Elsewhere, ex-England captain and rugby union World Cup winner Mike Tindall MBE will be meeting fans at the UFX stand on February 10th.Meanwhile former Hull City, West Ham and Fulham player, and current Leatherhead FC manager, Jimmy Bullard will be at the BetBright stand posing for pictures and chatting with delegates.And on 11th February the Betsafe stand will play host to former Premier League manager Harry Redknapp and Manchester City legend Paul Dickov, who will take part in a Q&A session from 12:15.Other familiar faces at this year’s LAC include Betfred founder Fred Done (ActiveWins), The Chase’s Mark “The Beast” Labbett (Gala Partners) and the Leicester Tigers squad (LeoVegas).Many exhibitors will also be holding competitions and other activities at their stands in what is set to be one of the most entertaining LACs in history.iGaming Business’ head of operations, Shona ODonnell, commented: “LAC has a history of drawing some of the most interesting voices in sport, and this year is no different.“We are delighted to see our exhibitors pull out all the stops to ensure LAC delegates enjoy a memorable few days.”The London Affiliate Conference and Financial Partners Expo take place between 9th – 12th February at their new venue of the ExCeL, with more than 5,000 delegates and exhibitors expected to attend. Share #HeyHarry – BetVictor ups football knowledge by appointing Harry Redknapp as new Ambassador March 8, 2019
Bookies Corner: Trump Presidency sinks as US 2020 enters its 100 day countdown July 29, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Submit Share GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 FSB selects Glenn Elliott as new COO August 12, 2020 Share Ladbrokes has joined Sheffield United’s Premier League mission after agreeing a three-season deal to become the club’s new Official Stadium Betting Partner.The multi-channel betting and gaming brand has also gained a prominent presence on the Championship club’s social media channels to support betting activity prior to all games.This is in addition to the package of match-day advertising and branding opportunities at Bramall Lane, including advertising around the stadium’s perimeter, on the new ADi jumbo screen and within the match-day programme.Meanwhile, supporters of Sheffield United FC will be able to access exclusive Ladbrokes offers and promotions throughout the season, including several ‘money can’t buy’ experiences such as training ground visits and signed club merchandise.Jessica Bridge, Ladbrokes Head of PR, said: “We are very excited at Ladbrokes to be forming this dynamic partnership with Sheffield United Football Club as they embark on their mission to be promoted to the Premier League. It promises to be an exciting season ahead for the Club and we would like to wish the manager, the players and all the fans the very best of luck.”Sheffield United FC Head of Commercial Paul Reeves added: “We are very much looking forward to working with Ladbrokes and giving the supporters access to a well-known high street betting partner, who will work with the Club to ensure that match day betting services are delivered with the supporter experience very much at the forefront of their offer.”
StumbleUpon For betting operators, the countdown to next Summer’s showpiece event, the World Cup in Russia is well and truly underway.Riku JokelaThe 2014 tournament in Brazil saw a 750% increase in mobile bets compared to the World Cup in South Africa four years previous. Therefore, for LeoVegas, an operator that takes pride in its efficient and engaging mobile service, the World Cup provides an unrivalled opportunity for customer expansion. SBC spoke to the Swedish operator’s Head of Sports, Riku Jokela about the strategy that its deploying to make the most out of the tournament in Russia this Summer. SBC: Every bookmaker is trying to get ahead and stand out for World Cup, how will LeoVegas ensure that customers use its sportsbook?Riku Jokela: Our vision is to be number one in mobile with the fastest, most engaging, unique and customer-friendly sportsbook. The World Cup 2018 is a huge opportunity for us to boost our sportsbook. We are constantly looking for new innovations and making sure we are building the right things for our customers. We use a lean mindset by following up on every initiative to make sure we have the best product out there when the World Cup 2018 kicks-off. Last but not least, my team and I will do the utmost to ensure we have the most relevant, most engaging and localised sportsbook promotions for our customers.SBC: How much of a focus do you think will be placed on individual player bets at this Summer’s tournament?RJ: Individual player bets are becoming more and more important. Personally I think the popularity of individual player bets are heavily linked to the tremendous growth of fantasy sports – people are closely following the actions of the biggest stars because they have got Kane/Lukaku/Agüero as captains in their fantasy teams. All things considered, it is an interesting contemporary phenomenon that people tend to become fans of individual players rather than teams – resulting in an impact on our business too.The nature of the World Cup strongly favours individual player bets. There will always be some national teams that are not that familiar to the public, let’s take Egypt as an example – the public might only know one player from the Egyptian team, namely Mohamed Salah. It might be much more convenient for them to place a bet on him to score rather than thinking whether Egypt are good enough to beat Panama or not, for instance.SBC: With eight months until the tournament, are you working on any creative new products or betting markets, that are lined up to launch for the June’s opening ceremony? RJ: The sports team at LeoVegas is all geared up and we’re ready to take on the challenge. We will put a lot of emphasis on building a lot of engaging and innovative concepts. On top of that we will collaborate with interesting third-party providers with one goal in mind: to make sure we win the World Cup.SBC: How important is it to have a plan for customer retention after the World Cup? RJ: As far as we’re concerned – a well-thought and solid customer retention plan after the World Cup is absolutely pivotal and as important as the activities before and during the World Cup 2018 itself. After the Jules Rimet Trophy has been lifted in the air, there will be a very quiet period before Premier League and other big football leagues kick-off – the operators with the best customer retention plans after the World Cup 2018 will ultimately win the start of these leagues as well.Key approaches to the World Cup will undoubtedly be a key topic at next year’s Betting on Football conference, which is scheduled for 20-23 March. The venue for 2018’s event couldn’t be more fitting, as the largest international football and betting conference returns to the home of the Premier League champions Chelsea FC, Stamford Bridge. Submit Related Articles Share Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020 Share LeoVegas hits back at Swedish regulations despite Q2 successes August 13, 2020 Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020
Share Share Submit Cloudbet elevates crypto limits for Russian World Cup June 13, 2018 Related Articles Cloudbet makes stablecoin foray with USDT addition May 28, 2020 Cloudbet launches enhanced esports products May 6, 2020 StumbleUpon Mirio Mella – CloudbetCrypto-centric online gambling operator Cloudbet is set to reward its existing sportsbook and casino players with a ‘Bitcoin Cash windfall’.Seeking to enhance its reputation with cryptocurrency enthusiasts, Cloudbet will ‘honour the fork’, which in August 2017 saw Bitcoin split into two currencies, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.Moving forward, Cloudbet will reward its players that held bitcoin in their accounts on 1 August 2017, who are set to receive the equivalent in bitcoin cash.Updating the market, Mirio Mella Cloudbet’s Head of Acquisition.“The creation of derivative bitcoin products in what are termed ‘forks’ has both practical and political implications. Cloudbet is focused on the practical; players want fast, cheap and reliable transactions, and BCH offers a great alternative to BTC”.Cloudbet informs that it will use the timestamp of the last common BTC block (block 478558; 1 August 2017, 13:16:14 UTC) to determine customers’ BCH balances for its promotion.Founded in 2013, Cloudbet seeks to become the leading digital destination and community for crypto betting consumers.