Babin has recently gone through the trance of his father’s death and Emi has been his fundamental support. The player, grateful for all the signs of affection he has received since then, wants to reunite with his mother and family when the confinement is lifted. Meanwhile, he hopes to reach the best physical level to resume training and competition. LaLiga SmartBank* Data updated as of April 17, 2020 “As my girlfriend knows how to play soccer from a very young age, sometimes she helps me in exercises, we play together, we shoot on goal, we pass and play soccer-tennis, so that mischief of competition is maintained. She is key in these tough moments on a personal level and she helps me a lot at a sporting level2, explained the Sporting player. “It will have to be played during the summer and I am convinced that it will be behind closed doors, unfortunately”Babin says. “Health comes first and it would be dangerous for there to be fans in the stands, so it will take a long time2,” he adds.The Sporting central defender considers it necessary to play a couple of games per week to conclude the league. “I almost prefer to play every three days because you train less and you play more”, he recalled, recalling his experience in Israeli soccer. Jean-Sylvain Babin also assures that “physical condition will be key” to face the return to competition with guarantees. And on that lap, the goal for the team led by Miroslav Djukic will be one, according to one of its captains, “to get closer to the‘ playoff. “ Jean-Sylvain Babin is a footballer loved by sportinguism who wants normality to return to compete as soon as possible. At the moment, it has to be applied in the preparation that allows confinement, although the central reveals two very important aspects that help him to carry it better than many others: the garden of his house and his girlfriend Emi.“I feel very fortunate to have a space like the garden of my case, where in the end I do all the exercises that Fran (Albert, the physical trainer) sends me, I do a continuous game of soccer,” Babin tells questions from journalists. in a video edited by the club. The grass helps him maintain contact with the ball that the vast majority cannot and he does it with the help of his wife, Emilienne Martine Tall, former player of several teams in the years she has been with Babin in Spain.
Crime Chief, Assistant Commissioner Paul Williams has expressed confidence in taking up the most senior job within the Guyana Police Force, saying that he is prepared and ready if given the chance to serve as the next Police Commissioner.Williams told a media conference on Monday that he believed he was qualified and capable. He was responding to questions posed to him by the media. Williams was one of the eight persons who were recently interviewed for the position, following the retirement of Seelall Persaud.Crime Chief Paul Williams“I’m ready for any position. Thirty-one years of service is long, and I came through the ranks from a constable to Assistant Commissioner of Police. I’ve walked the ranks, I’ve walked around Divisions, departments, everything, so whatever it is, wherever I’m being placed or whatever challenge comes before me in this Guyana Police Force to serve this nation, I’m prepared for it,” he stated.Pressed further on whether he wanted to be the next Police Chief, Williams said, “I think among the eight Assistant Commissioners that would be the desire of all of us.”He nevertheless stated that “the Commissioner of Police is the President’s choice and whatever God says, that’s it. I’m not worried.”The others interviewed for the position include: David Ramnarine, Clifton Hicken, Leslie James, Lyndon Alves, Marlon Chapman, Nigel Hoppie, and Maxine Graham.Ramnarine has been acting in the capacity of the Top Cop for quite some time now, and there has been speculation that he may cop the title.In November of 2017, when asked whether Williams is likely to take up the mantle, Minister of State, Joseph Harmon, who was then acting in the capacity of Public Security Minister, offered no direct reply.Harmon, however, had hinted at the possibility of a female assuming the position of Top Cop when he outlined that while there was a line of succession in the Guyana Police Force, female officers were also to be considered when deciding on a Police Commissioner.In so doing, he noted, “You don’t just look at the male ranks in the Police Force; we have female officers as well. And, therefore, if it is that a female officer is to be the person, then so be it.”Nevertheless, as mandated by the Constitution, the President will have consultations with the Opposition Leader, on the names for the Top Cop position and the Deputy Commissioners of Police.
Police in A Division (Georgetown-East Bank Demerara) has handed over to relatives the body of the 38-year-old Herstelling, EBD resident who was found floating in a canal on Tuesday morning.Dead: Jaigobin SeecharranThe body was released following a post-mortem examination that was conducted on Wednesday by State Pathologist, Dr Nehaul Singh, who found that Jaigobin Seecharran, called “Red Man”, of Lot 92 Herstelling New Housing Scheme, died as a result of “drowning by blunt trauma”.Seecharran’s body was discovered about 08:30h by workers of a nearby block-making establishment floating face-down in the ‘Number 3’ canal, which separates Herstelling and the Mocha Access Road.Guyana Times was told that after the body was spotted, the Police were informed and ranks from the nearby Providence Police Station went over and subsequently summoned the undertakers.At the time, word of the “floating body” spread through the village and persons, including relatives of Seecharran, were gathered around and so they were able to identify the body after it was removed from the canal.This publication understands that Seecharran, a former minibus conductor, was last seen alive by relatives on Sunday evening when he left home about 19:30h.His brother, Seegobin, told this publication that they were not worried when the 38-year-old man did not return home, since he would usually disappear for a few days without informing anyone whenever he imbibed heavily.Meanwhile, the Police had said that checks were made for marks of violence, but none were found on Seecharran’s body.
But the defending European champions, who face Spain, Morocco and Iran in Group B, largely flattered to deceive.Ronaldo and his goalscoring exploits would have been welcome in Braga, but the Portugal striker was given time off following Real Madrid’s 3-1 victory over Liverpool in the Champions League final on Saturday.Portugal coach Fernando Santos gave Silva the nod and, despite a lack of playing time at Milan, the 22-year-old did well to head home the opener from Ricardo Quaresma’s pinpoint cross on 22 minutes.It was the 1000th goal scored in Portugal colours.Portugal doubled their lead on 34 minutes when Joao Mario, who has also endured a tough season in Italy with Inter Milan and a loan move to West Ham, pounced on a poor clearance from a corner to fire a rocket into the top corner from the edge of the area.Strong and physical throughout, Tunisia were sorely lacking technique and attacking prowess.But when the disappointing Raphael Guerreiro fluffed his lines, Esperance striker Anice Badri reduced arrears just before the interval.Portugal continued to dominate but after Bernardo Silva fired wide the hosts paid the price for loose defending when Fakhredine Ben Youssef hit a 64th minute equaliser.Portugal are likely to still be without Ronaldo when they face Belgium in Brussels on June 2 and Algeria in Lisbon on June 7.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000AC Milan striker Andre Silva hit Portugal’s 1000th goal in a 2-2 pre-World Cup friendly with Tunisia in Braga © AFP / MIGUEL RIOPABRAGA, Portugal, May 29 – AC Milan striker Andre Silva hit a landmark 1000th goal for the hosts but there was little to celebrate as Cristiano Ronaldo-less Portugal were held 2-2 by Tunisia in a pre-World Cup friendly on Monday.Still smarting from a 3-0 defeat to the Netherlands in Geneva last March, Portugal fans were hoping for a morale-boosting win less than two weeks before they head to Russia.
MORE THAN €8.7m in insurance claims has been paid out to business and homeowners in Donegal so far as a result of last year’s Big Chill, sparking fears insurance companies are about to hike their prices.The Irish Insurance Federation (IIF) said the average Donegal pay-out was €59k and were quick to warn of the price increases.Donegal ranked 16th in terms of cost of claims per head of population. The worst affected counties were Cork (€32.4m), Galway (€24.7m) and Dublin (€20.2m). “The scale of damage caused by the December freeze should not be underestimated and the subsequent quick response from insurers assisted many homeowners and businesses in getting back on their feet as fast as possible,” insisted IIF chief executive Mike Kemp in a statement.“Severe weather events such as these have been very rare events in the past in Ireland.“To have had the three largest weather-related losses in our history in such close succession has put pressure on the market, but insurers have repeatedly displayed their resilience and as a result have injected three-quarters of a billion euro back into the Irish economy in a 14-month period.”The disruption at the end of last year followed another cold spell at the beginning of 2010 and flooding at the end of 2009. Combined claims for the three weather-related events stand at over €750m.The federation is advising policy holders to take precautions ahead of next winter by ensuring water tanks are properly lagged and that exposed pipes are insulated.BIG FREEZE BILL TOPS €8.7M FOR DONEGAL was last modified: April 13th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
COUNTY defender Neil McGee has spoken of his pride in his Gaoth Dobhair club – and the fact the Irish language is used there.The Donegal star is the subject of the latest ‘My Club And I’ series on the official GAA website.“We all speak Irish in the club so that aspect of our tradition is very important to us,” said Neil. “Between meetings and the letters that are sent out, they are all in Irish. Even when we are playing, it’s all Irish we speak with the team-mates. Fellas are so used to it now they don’t bat any eyelid. It’s a lot of the players’ first language so it just comes first off the top of the head.”The full interview is on the link below:http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/2507130730-my-club-and-i-neil-mcgee/ GAOTH DOBHAIR STAR NEIL McGEE SPEAKS OF HIS PRIDE IN HIS CLUB AND HIS LANGUAGE was last modified: July 25th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAOTH DOBHAIR STAR NEIL McGEE SPEAKS OF HIS PRIDE IN HIS CLUB AND HIS LANGUAGE
The funeral details for the late Kathleen Pryal, who was killed in a tragic accident outside Donegal Town on Sunday, have been released. Mrs Pryal (née Harvey) died on Sunday night after being struck by a car at Tinnycahill at Clar.The 69-year-old was travelling home from a country music concert and had just got off a bus moments before the fatal accident. She is mourned by her husband Martin brothers Eamon and Colm, sister Patricia Brennan and a wide extended family. Described by friends as a kind, quiet and friendly lady, she will be dearly missed by her wide circle of family and close friends. Her remains are reposing at her late residence in Spierstown, Clar, Donegal Town from 2.00 pm to 10.00 pm on Tuesday.Funeral arrangements are as follows: Removal from her residence on Wednesday to St Agatha’s Church Clar at 10:30 for 11am mass with burial immediately afterwards in adjoining cemetery.House private on Wednesday morning please. Funeral details released for tragic crash victim Kathleen was last modified: September 24th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Last weekend’s rain provided a glimpse into what could be one heck of a late-fall coastal salmon season on the Smith and Chetco rivers. Following last Thursday’s rain, the Smith opened to fishing above Rowdy Creek for the first time this fall. And per usual, that first big rise brought in plenty of big, chrome-bright kings. Sunday was the day to be there, with just about all of the boats landing fish. Monday was the day to be on the Chetco as the river dropped to 3,000 cfs in the morning and …
SAN FRANCISCO — The Giants will only have one player representing them at this year’s Midsummer Classic, but the organization will have two more headed to Cleveland for All-Star week festivities.The franchise’s top two prospects, catcher Joey Bart and center fielder Heliot Ramos, were named to the National League roster for the 2019 MLB Futures Game. The annual exhibition features baseball’s top prospects and will be held on Sunday, July 7 at Progressive Field.The Giants will find out which …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Regulatory barriers facing agriculture are a major driver of agriculture industry consolidation, National Corn Growers Association Chief Executive Officer Chris Novak testified Tuesday at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on consolidation and competition in the U.S. seed and agrochemical industry. Novak testifyied on behalf of both the National Corn Growers Association and the American Soybean Association.“Domestic regulatory hurdles for crop protection chemicals and delays in international approvals for new seed traits represent significant barriers to market entry. These barriers slow down innovation and drive up the cost of seed and chemicals. The process of developing and testing new products, and then securing regulatory approval to bring them to market, requires a substantial amount of time and money. As a result, fewer and fewer companies have the resources to be players in the market. This trend toward consolidation will continue unless and until Congress addresses these regulatory hurdles,” Novak will testify.Together, NCGA and ASA represent more than 500,000 corn and soybean farmers nationwide, and they have a direct interest in ensuring a competitive marketplace for crop production inputs. Earlier this year, NCGA and ASA joined forces to conduct an analysis of a recently announced merger and ensure their members’ best interests were represented in conversations with the Department of Justice.In written testimony submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee for the hearing, NCGA and ASA argue that a competitive marketplace is measured by more than the number of competitors, but also their size and relative ability to compete.“True competition is not based solely on the number of players within a given market. Strong competition can result from having several evenly-matched companies fighting for market share within the seed, chemistry and trait development markets,” the written testimony states.NCGA and ASA call on government and industry to work together to maintain farmers’ access to tools and technology.“We’ve seen a significant decline in the number of small-to-medium sized family farms. Fewer farmers means that the agribusiness industry that supports the farm community has fewer customers—resulting in consolidation beyond the farm gate. The speed at which the industry continues to consolidate, and the tenuous state of our farm economy, dictate that we work diligently to ensure that our farmers will still have access to a range of technologies without suffering higher costs,” the written testimony states.Click here to read the full written testimony.