Announcing the signing on their official Twitter page, the Eagles posted: “BREAKING: #CPFC are delighted to announce the signing of @Patrick_Bamford on a season-long loan from @ChelseaFC.” Bamford is highly regarded at Chelsea, with the Blues announcing he has signed a new three-year contract with the Premier League champions as he heads out on loan. “I’m delighted to sign a new contract with Chelsea,” he told the club’s official website. “My dream has always been to be part of this club for the long term. Chelsea have been fantastic with my development and joining Crystal Palace for this season on loan is the next step for me in my career.” He missed England’s Under-21 European Championship campaign through injury but Bamford is now raring to go at Selhurst Park, stressing he was looking to stay in and around the capital for the upcoming season. He told cpfc.co.uk: “I was quite keen to stay close to London this time and Palace were actually my first choice, but I didn’t realise they were keen to start with. Then, when I met with the manager (Alan Pardew), he put forward his plans and it was an easy decision. “I do like to score goals, so hopefully I’ll be able to do that a lot here. I want to try to establish myself in a Premier League team and if I can do that here then it would be great for me and great for the club.” Pardew, who adds the signing of Bamford to the high-profile capture of France midfielder Yohan Cabaye, was delighted to tempt the player to the club and hopes to play a major part in honing his talent. “It’s a coup for Crystal Palace ahead of a host of rivals,” Pardew said after landing the sought-after striker. “I’m so pleased he chose us over others to help develop his game. Hopefully he will be a star for us, Chelsea and – of course – England. “Patrick is one of England’s brightest prospects and I will liaise with (Cheslea boss) Jose Mourinho, (England Under-21 coach) Gareth Southgate and Dan Ashworth (director of elite development at the FA) on his progress during this important year in his career.” Press Association The 21-year-old won the Championship Player of the Year award for his displays whilst at Middlesbrough last season, scoring 17 goals before the Teessiders lost the play-off final to Norwich – and he will now look to prove he can replicate such form in the top-flight. Bamford, an England Under-21 international, has also spent time away from Stamford Bridge with temporary spells at MK Dons and Derby having originally signed for Chelsea from the Nottingham Forest academy. Chelsea forward Patrick Bamford has completed a season-long loan move to Crystal Palace.
New Delhi: Argentine legend Diego Maradona says he is fine after igniting a health scare following Argentina’s spectacular late 2-1 win against Nigeria that saw them qualify to the last 16 of the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018.Maradona had been full of emotions during Argentina’s last group match in Saint Petersburg, which was a must win for the La Albiceleste to stay alive in the tournament.The scorer of the infamous ‘Hand of God’ goal leaned over the front the front of the VIP box from where he was watching the game with friends and made an obscene gesture following Marcos Rojo’s late winner.”I want to tell everyone that I am fine, that I am not and was not hospitalised,” the 57-year-old wrote on Instagram on Wednesday.A video surfaced online showing the 1986 World Cup winner looking dazed.He walked dizzily and was guided into the dining room of the VIP section by two friends before sitting down in the chair.”At half-time against Nigeria, my neck hurt a lot and I suffered a drop in my blood pressure,” he said.”I was checked by a doctor and he recommended that I go home before the second half, but I wanted to stay because we were risking it all,” he wrote.”How could I leave?”The paramedics checked Maradona’s blood pressure but the star refused all other assistance, a medical source told Russia’s RIA Novosti state news agency. For all the Latest Sports News News, Fifa World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.