Advertisement pvNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2yvgWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre El2( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 5n2ykyWould you ever consider trying this?😱8h9Can your students do this? 🌚1c7Roller skating! Powered by Firework Benjamin Mendy , the Manchester City left-back was on a dinner outing with a few of his teammates to Rio Ferdinand’s restaurant – Rosso when he encountered a homeless man that needed help and the Frenchman was kind enough to do his part.Advertisement Since Mendy wasn’t carrying any cash on him, all he could do was hand the homeless guy a City jersey that was in his car.Advertisement Speaking to Manchester Evening news, Mendy explained the act : “I was walking past Rosso restaurant and I saw a homeless man who asked me for change.“I said I didn’t have any, but knew there was a footballer inside that might be able to help.Advertisement “I saw Benjamin Mendy as he was leaving Rosso Restaurant last night. He got into a car and was being driven and stopped to take some photos for the press.“As they were about to drive off, a homeless man went to go and ask him for some change, but Mendy said he only had his card and said instead he would give him his shirt.“I don’t think the homeless guy had a clue what was happening, but one of the paparazzi bought the shirt off him – so I guess he got the money he needed.” Advertisement
Image Courtesy: jlingz.com/GettyAdvertisement 1zwNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs5akWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ef( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) vta5iWould you ever consider trying this?😱k1de3hCan your students do this? 🌚ty5bRoller skating! Powered by Firework Jesse Lingard- once throned to be the future Manchester United star to become the club’s talisman and bring back the glorious days of Old Trafford, hasn’t lived up to his expectations, with subsequent showcase of disappointment with the ball. And to add salt over the would, his clothing brand has taken a hit of more than £200k since its launch.Advertisement Image Courtesy: jlingz.com/Getty‘JLINGZ’ unveiled in the summer of 2018, is Lingard’s own fashion clothing brand, established with the help of his fellow compatriots and club teammates- Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba, Luke Shaw and Raheem Sterling, with the Red Devils midfielder’s iconic celebration hand gesture used as the official logo.After 12 months of hoodies, t-shirts and other accessories production and selling, the unaudited accounts lodged with Company directors, including Lingard himself, have revealed that since launch, the brand has made a total loss of £211,688 until January 31, 2019.Advertisement A United youth academy graduate, Lingard’s performance post the 2018 FIFA World Cup has declined significantly, earning him slack from the supporters and club legends, such as Gary Neville, who openly denounced Lingard’s clothing line on its launch day.Failing to contribute for the team, the 26 year old produced just 4 goals and 2 assists in the last Premier League season, and that too only in the month of December 2018, and the England international has only made 17 appearances for the club since the takeover of Ole Gunnar Solskjær.Advertisement Advertisement
Image Courtesy: PTI/123RFAdvertisement 3gmNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs31ijsWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ex3m5z( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 60tbvWould you ever consider trying this?😱8cw7Can your students do this? 🌚fw9Roller skating! Powered by Firework It has been four years since the Indian cricket fandom saw the entry of Jasprit Bumrah into the international squad. The young Gujarati pacer quikcly turned heads and made headlines with his astounding performances, and has been hailed as one of the greatest bowlers in the world at present. However, the only thing that the former ICC World No. 1 ODI bowler narrowly missed to clinch was the esteemed Arjuna Award, an honour he came very close to grasp last year. However, this year, Bumrah has been nominated by BCCI to be the front runner of the category of cricketers in the award ceremony for this year!Advertisement Image Courtesy: PTI/123RFDespite his marvellous consistency with the ball, Bumrah couldn’t emerge as the winner of Arjuna Awards in the past two years.In 2018, the pacer had only completed two years with Team India, a year less than the minimum criteria of three years of cricket at international level. In 2019, Bumrah came close to be the winner, but again it was the men in Blue stalwart Ravindra Jadeja regarding seniority.Advertisement However this year, with BCCI about to give out their list of Arjuna Award nominees by the end of this month, its high likely that the Gujarat fast bowler will come out on top.“He (Bumrah) certainly has the best credentials. He was ICC’s No 1 ranked ODI bowler. He is the only Asian bowler to pick up five-wicket hauls in South Africa, England, Australia and West Indies,” a source from BCCI was quoted by PTI.Advertisement Since his international debut against Australia in January 2016, Bumrah has made 12 Test, 58 ODI and 45 T20I appearances for India, and has picked up 62, 104 and 59 wickets in the three formats respectively. With 719 ratings, he is currently ranked no. 2 in ICC’s ODI bowler rankings, 8 points behind New Zealand star Trent Boult in the top spot.Indian Women cricket team icon Smriti Mandhana was the Arjuna Award winner in 2018, and her teammate and legendary bowler Poonam Yadav was the joint winner with Jadeja last year.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-Costly can: IPL 2020 cancellation could cost BCCI Rs. 40 billion!Here are the Bundesliga games you can look forward to after football resumes on May 16! Advertisement
THE FEDERAL EMERGENCY Management Agency wants to hear from Sandy damaged homeowners not satisfied with their flood insurance claims.“While I’ve seen many of the cases that were adjudicated properly, ” said Roy Wright, deputy associate administrator for FEMA’s federal insurance and mitigation administration, “I’ve seen too many instances where we did not come up with the best answer.”FEMA will accept review requests from dissatisfied insurance policyholders until Sept. 15.“It’s a simple message,” Wright said in a telephone interview from his Washington, D.C. office. “If you believe you were underpaid for any reason after a Sandy flood insurance claim, call us. We want to review that with you.”The National Flood Insurance Program, overseen by Wright’s department, received 144,000 claims in the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy in Oct. 2012 from property owners mostly in New Jersey and New York and a few thousand in coastal Connecticut. Some have accepted and are satisfied with their claims, but over the course of time several thousand claimants have gone to court alleging the amount FEMA determined missed the mark. For the remaining number who dispute the federal agency’s assessment, Wright said, “You shouldn’t have to take us to court to get us to this point.”Ted Friedli’s Long Branch home was deemed significantly damaged by Sandy (meaning it was more than 51 percent damaged) and had hoped his flood insurance would cover considerably more of the repairs. “The whole downstairs was completely flooded,” with about four feet of water, he remembered. “The house needed to be gutted completely. We put in new siding, a new roof, and we redid the floor completely.”To rebuild, lift and upgrade his home cost him an estimated $500,000. He received $150,000 from the insurance claim, but in his opinion he was entitled to the full policy amount of $250,000.Friedli has hired a lawyer from a Louisiana firm specializing in flood claims and is seeking to have his case reviewed.The initial process, Friedli said, was “extremely frustrating, extremely time consuming.“I understand why so many people don’t want to open up a flood claim again, because they’re so disappointed to begin again,” he said.FEMA’s steps to review this many claims, possibly as many as 11,300, is unprecedented for the agency, Wright said. “I think what it points out is we clearlyneed to transform this program to be more survivor-centric, more focused on the policy holder,” he acknowledged.“We’re committed to meeting our commitment to give policy holders every dollar they’re owed under their policies,” Wright added.This is one of a series of steps FEMA officials, including Wright, are taking to focus “on how we restore the policy holders’ trust in the program,” he said.Friedli appreciated the opportunity to correct the situation, but advised others to follow his path and retain a lawyer (who in this case will get one- third of the amount). “It’s worth the cost.”FEMA officials said those wanting their claims reviewed should call 866-337-4262 and provide their name and policy number. Policyholders can also go online to www.fema.gov/ hurricane-sandy-nfip-claims to download an application.By John Burton
Photos by Patrick Olivero FAIR HAVEN – Every year Oktoberfest grows in size and popularity as residents and friends from neighboring towns come to enjoy food, games and an assortment of wine and craft beers. Organized by The Foundation of Fair Haven, the event is a great fundraiser for both the town’s annual Fair Haven Day as well as numerous small projects throughout town. This year fairgoers enjoyed the local brewery selection, eclectic food truck offerings, lively music and family-friendly games Saturday, Sept. 15 at the Fair Haven Fields.
Local eye surgeon goes on medal run during the summer at Canadian Masters Kayaking Regatta in Regina
By Bruce Fuhr,The Nelson Daily SportsLocal eye surgeon, Dr. Neville Maytom has never attended the Canadian Masters Kayaking Regatta.After filling his vehicle with medals for the long ride home from Regina, Saskatchewan, the rest of the field may not want the Nelson paddler to return.The good doctor by day and kayak enthusiast by, well almost most of the time when he’s not working, earned two Canadian Masters titles during the championships on Wascana Lake in August.“I’ve never been to the Canadian Masters before so I really didn’t know what to expect,” Maytom told The Nelson Daily from his home on the North Shore.“I only went because friends I have in Vancouver asked me to come. They wanted to get as many B.C. paddlers there to have a chance at winning the overall title so I joined a team from Burnaby for the event.” It really didn’t take the 50-plus kayaker long to become a fan favourite with his new Lower Mainland teammates.Maytom, overcoming rough, choppy water conditions, was part of the gold medal team in the 500-meter K2 (two-man) with teammate Kurt Foellmer and 500 meter K4 (four-man) 55-59 age division. He added three silver medals, including a second-place finish in the prestigious 500-meter K1 (singles).Maytom finished a measly two seconds behind previous national sprint champion, Nick Natchev from Pointe Claire, Quebec. Third place went to Keith Major of Peachland.“We raced in heats and (Natchev) was in the other heat,” said Maytom, who thrives on hopping into his boat for a paddle in front of his house on Kootenay Lake. “I really wished we were in the same heat because it would have been nice to see how I’d do against him (head to head).”The Canadian Masters Regatta has been staged every year since 1986.The majority of the field, this year boasting more than 200 participants, hail from Eastern Canada known as the “heartland” of sprint kayaking.“The regatta helps to promote long-term health benefits, camaraderie and great memories of an event well worth attending,” explained Maytom, who made the trip to Regina with his wife.Maytom, a four-time World Masters Kayaking Champ, won the only other race he attended this season on Lake Okanagan.He teamed up with a four other friends to capturing the 100 kilometer Lake Okanagan Relay. The race starts in Vernon and ends in Penticton. Each person paddles 20 kilometers. Team Maytom won by 20 minutes.Maytom said the Masters event in 2011 is slated to be in Eastern Canada so the likelihood of attending appears remote.Which is good news to the rest of the firstname.lastname@example.org
It was a case of Murphy’s Law for Nelson Selects at Provincial B U18 Boys Cup — team settles for silver medal
“I however could not let acts such as spitting go unnoticed in any game anywhere. I applaud Carsen for not retaliating; God only knows how I would react to being spit on. “Looking at the placing, I feel good where we ended up,” Williams added. “ We couldn’t defeat Chilliwack on this day but had demonstrated we are better than Bulkley Valley so the placement is accurate.“Which is not always the case in Provincial tournaments.”GOAL KICKS: Luke Mori has accepted an invitation to the University of Calgary Dino in the fall. Mori has been given a red-shirt position, but has the opportunity to change that to a roster spot on the team following a good camp in August. . . . Most of the squad was part of the first gold medal team in eight years last year when Nelson defeated Prince George 2-0 in Aldergrove. email@example.com By Bruce FuhrThe Nelson Daily SportsThe planets appeared to be aligned in the right place, the Selects had won the division to advance to the final and the players seemed poised to repeat as Provincial B Cup winners.However, anything that could go wrong — including the coach getting ejected — did go wrong as the Nelson Selects lost 5-1 to Chilliwack in the final of the B.C. Soccer U18 Boy’s Provincial B Cup Sunday in Penticton. “Officiating aside, my guys were ready to play and could have put on a much more enjoyable and competitive match if given the freedom to play football not this B.C. version of a game that is becoming a sort of ballet,” a disappointed Keith Williams told The Nelson Daily after returning from the South Okanagan.“Tennis has more contact these days,” added Williams, less than impressed with the man in the middle of the contest.“Chilliwack was obviously a gifted team with two PCSL players in their midfield and gifted finishing. On our best day we could defeat them, unfortunately we didn’t put forward our best performance in the final and when we began to play the officiating destroyed any chance of flow and momentum.”Unfortunately, Nelson decided to leave their game in the parking lot. The slow start allowed Chilliwack to grab a 3-0 lead at half.Playing much better to begin the second half, Nelson saw Garrett Bowman ejected for a second yellow card — the second time for a phantom call.After Andrew Woodward was injured during a collision, back up keeper Mitch Melanson was whistled for an infraction in the penalty area. Chilliwack converted to go up 4-0. The game deteriorated more when the Chilliwack captain spat on Nelson forward Carsen WillansWilliams decided to approach the game referee to question why there was no call on the play and was immediately ejected.“Many things were out of control at this point, I deemed it necessary to enter the pitch during the water break to discuss the spitting with the center official as the side line official was not hearing my complaint,” Williams explained. “My comments fell on deaf ears and was tossed from the pitch for entering the field of play during the water break.”Nelson lost two addition players before, playing with eight players, Erik Norberg found the net for Nelson.Chilliwack scored an additional goal to complete the scoring.Nelson opened with wins over Bulkley Valley, 2-1, and host Penticton Pinnacles, 5-0, to advance to the final.Luke Mori, Melanson, Michael Hii, Willans and Norberg scored for Nelson against Penticton.Mori and Kevin Lewis scored against Bulkley Valley.“I personally am a little embarrassed as to how I let myself get ejected in such a important game,” Williams admitted.
James Donaldson Park in Grand Forks is one of 16 finalists from across Canada in the first Canada’s Favourite Ballpark contest sponsored by Baseball Canada, but the park needs your vote to win. Chosen from over 40 submissions from across the country, the finalists were announced on Jul. 9. Like the annual hockey town competition, the ballpark contest gives the winners prizes along with national exposure for the town. “Community baseball diamonds provide broad opportunities for participation and are strategic settings for promoting and implementing Canadian Sport for Life concepts that Baseball Canada embraces,” said Ray Carter, president of Baseball Canada. “Baseball Canada believes that governments should ensure that community diamonds provide the public active living opportunities for all ages in baseball in the dedicated baseball areas.” The call for entrants went out in early June and past-president of the Grand Forks International (GFI) Gerry Foster took up the challenge. “I really saw it as an opportunity for our community, and secondly good public relations for the GFI,” said Foster. “On the one hand it was something I wanted to do but I shared it with the GFI committee first. So I did it on behalf of the GFI and certainly on behalf of this great community, Grand Forks.” The 16 qualifiers have been divided into four groups. Grand Forks finds itself in division 1 and will be up against Charlottetown PEI, St. Thomas ON and Okotoks AB. The voting for this first group began on Monday, Jul. 11 at 12 p.m. ET and fans and supporters can vote online at baseball.ca. Voting for this first division continues until 10 am ET Monday, Jul. 18. The ballpark with the most votes each week will advance to the semi-final round where again they will be matched-up against another park where voting will determine the two finalists. The final round voting will then determine Canada’s Favourite Ballpark! The judges have made their decision and now it is up to fans and supporters from across the country. Please vote, and vote often, for Grand Forks. Contact your friends and relatives and ask for their support as James Donaldson Park in Grand Forks competes for the title of Canada’s Favourite Ballpark. Our ballpark in Grand Forks will now be showcased on baseball.ca for the week of voting. If Grand Forks gets the most votes it will move on to the semi-finals in a few weeks when another round of voting takes place. So, once again, get onto the site and vote for your favourite ballpark – James Donaldson Park – then watch the results for the next round of voting. The rest of the schedule is as follows: Aug. 8 (12 p.m. ET)- Aug. 15 (10 a.m. ET): Voting for Week 1 winner vs. Week 2 winner (semi-final #1);Aug. 15 (12 p.m. ET)- Aug. 22 (10 a.m. ET): Voting for Week 3 winner vs. Week 4 winner (semi-final #2);Aug. 22 (12 p.m. ET) – Sept. 6 10 a.m. ET): Voting to determine a winner;Sept. 7 (12 p.m. ET): Canada’s Favourite Ballpark is announced on Baseball.ca.That link again to vote is: www.baseball.ca
The exhibition games are the first of the season for the field hockey stars.The L.V. Rogers Bombers play a trio of games Saturday starting at 9 a.m.The Bombers then take to the pitch at 12:15 p.m. before concluding the day with a game at 3 p.m.The B.C. High School AA Field Hockey Championships go November 2-4 in Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org While the volleyball players are bump and spike in Trail and Creston, respectively, the field hockey stars of the pitch begin the 2011 B.C. High School season with a playday at Pass Creek Park in Castlegar.
The West Kootenay U14 and U19 teams both went 5-0 before coming to tight finishes in the finals.U14 lost 9-7 and U19 lost 11-10 in the finals, so both are taking home silver medals and a proud second-place finish. West Kootenay U14 and U19 girls softball teams travelled to Summerland this past Mother’s Day weekend. There was a total of 24 teams between the two divisions.